Manual Video Creation
This used to be the only way of creating VSLs.
You had to manually create a PowerPoint, record the video with a software like Camtasia, and then edit it in case you messed up during the recording.
This took forever, and needless to say: I don't recommend using this method.
Your time is the most valuable asset you have.
Don't waste it on things that can be automated.
EasyVSL VS Vidnami
There's no other real VSL software that can compete with these programs.
But they're both quite different from each other so let's take a look at what makes each of them great (and not so great.)
EasyVSL is better than Vidnami at text-based or text+image VSLs.
However, Vidnami also allows you to create VSLs with video backgrounds & has many other non-VSL features so if you are planning on creating videos of other types, it might be the best option.
Both programs let you to add music, record and autosync your VO, and automatically creates slides for you.
EasyVSL also has kinematic videos, which are mostly pointless, but still fun.
- Automatic slide creation (no image or video picking)
- Can move & customize all elements of the video
- Record & autosync voiceover after setting up IBM Watson to do the autosync (free)
- Tons of templates
- Automatic slide creation & automatically picked images & videos
- Text only has 9 possible positions.
- Record & autosync voiceover inside of the program
- Tons of templates
One thing where the two programs differ is the AI.
To be clear: EasyVSL doesn't really have an AI. All it does is break up you text based on new lines and punctuation.
On the other hand, CS breaks up your text using Natural Language Processing, picks background images and videos based on the keywords in each sentence, and auto-bolds text based on important keywords.
- No real AI
- Creates slides based on new lines & punctuation
- Fully AI-based
- Creates slides using Natural Language Processing
- Picks images & videos based on keywords
- Auto-bolds text using keywords
While EasyVSL is king for text & image-based VSLs, Vidnami allows you to do much more than that.
They allow for square videos which are perfect for social media, have Influencer video templates for talking head videos, and have an extensive media library with videos and images.
- Rectangular videos only
- Kinematic video templates - moving text
- Free image library from Google Search
- Square video - perfect for social media
- Influencer video templates - talking head videos
- Extensive media library
EasyVSL doesn't really have a media library as VSL videos don't require much.
They do have a free search feature you can use to find some free images from the web, but it's not very extensive.
Vidnami, on the other hand, has over 2,000,000 images and videos from Storyblocks and other sources.
These aren't crucial for VSLs (unless you're creating a VSL with video backgrounds), but is incredibly useful for social media videos.
EasyVSL wins on pricing.
It's cheaper on a yearly & monthly basis, and they used to have a hidden lifetime plan that might still be available. (Click here to check if it is.)
Vidnami also has some discounts, but even at its cheapest, it's still more expensive than EasyVSL.
- $97 upfront + $9.99/month
- Hidden $67 lifetime plan
- $35/month (with discount)
- $297/month (with discount)
If you only plan on creating text-based VSLs with some images then EasyVSL is your best bet. Especially if you can get their lifetime plan.
However, if you are considering expanding into using video for Social Media, advertising, and more, then Vidnami is definitely the better option even though it is a bit more expensive.
P.S. - You can get Vidnami for up to 40% off. Click here for instructions!